Escalators and moving walks - i.e. "flat escalators" - are well known inside buildings. In department stores, airports, subway stations or train stations, they transport passengers comfortably and quickly one level up, or on the same level to their gates or platforms. In doing so, they influence the flow of visitors as well as their direction and speed. A practical solution all round. But as practical as these solutions would be in amusement parks, they are unfortunately not suitable for all-weather use. They also only tolerate dirt to a limited extent, require major construction measures, and are considered cost-intensive.
Robust Sunkid Person Conveyor Belt
More than 20 years ago, Sunkid recognized the need for action and launched its Person Conveyor Belt, a weatherproof, cost-effective yet robust transport solution. In the meantime, Sunkid has risen to become the global market leader in the outdoor conveyor belt segment, with 3,400 systems installed worldwide. The Sunkid Person Conveyor Belts function just as reliably in rain and heat as they do in snow and ice - and they do so entirely without a roof. However, there is the option of installing a gallery to protect passengers from wind and weather. However, this gallery not only serves as weather protection, but can also be themed to suit individual customers.
With 3,400 installations, Sunkid is the world's No. 1 manufacturer of outdoor conveyor belts.
The Sunkid personal conveyor is also widely used in amusement parks. Especially in amusement parks that have grown over the decades, the infrastructure often has to be adapted to the conditions. Attractions, parking lots and restaurants want to be comfortably accessible for all visitor groups. Visitors with physical disabilities, but also parents with baby carriages, then like to take advantage of assistance to overcome any slopes or long distances with the help of the Sunkid Person Conveyor Belt.
Here are a few examples of applications for the Sunkid conveyor belt system:
- as Person Conveyor Belt (Gulliver'sTheme Parks/ENG)
- as a conveyor belt for rafts (white water facility Neue Donau/AUT)
- as raft return conveyor in water park (HotGo/CHN)
- together with Tubing and Dry Slopes (Pantigliate/ITA)
- at events (Boomtown/ENG)
- from the parking lot to the location (Cortina d'Ampezzo/ITA)
- at underpasses (Saalbach-Hinterglemm/AUT)
An overview of the advantages of the Sunkid (passenger) conveyor belt system:
- More than 22 years of experience of Sunkid as world market leader for conveyor belts with passenger conveyors
- Experience from planning, production and installation of more than 3,400 systems worldwide in outdoor areas (snow, rain, temperature fluctuations, etc.)
- worldwide sales and service network
- project-related, individual planning
- various concepts are tested and can be selected according to the task at hand
- transport with or without persons
- comprehensive support in conception, implementation, acceptance and documentation
- retrofittable to existing installations