SpeedSnake FREE Coaster - New train on old track
Belly bar instead of shoulder bar
The change from shoulder to belly bars is probably the first thing that catches the eye on the Sunkid SCT1200 train. This change not only makes the train visually "lighter," but also allows passengers to experience a completely new, free feeling during the ride. This unique selling point was also one of the main reasons why we chose the train from Sunkid Heege," explains FORT FUN CEO Andreas Sievering. The uncovered design of the belly bar also allows faster (visual) inspections of the safety-relevant components without disassembly work or loss of comfort for the passengers.
Operator-friendly operation and maintenance
The belly bar is locked individually and mechanically. After the journey, however, unlocking for all seats takes place via an actively supplied air pressure of at least 6 bar "This system is naturally a very important criterion for us as operators in terms of fail-safety and maintenance costs," Sievering adds. Even though the rail line is already 35 years old, passengers now experience a completely new ride experience with the Sunkid train, which is certified according to the current EN13814 standard.
The Sunkid SCT1200 train is EN13814 certified
Indeed, what passengers particularly appreciate is the incomparably smooth ride made possible by the individually suspended wheel carriers. To the delight of passengers, random bumps are now a thing of the past. To the delight of the operator, this newly developed technology, among other things, significantly reduces wear and tear on the wheels.
Andreas Sievering (GF of FORT FUN)
"For me as the operator, it is of course of great interest that the old rail line can continue to be used virtually unchanged. However, the passengers are offered a new attraction in terms of the ride experience. Sunkid Heege has really mastered this task with flying colors with the new train".
The Sunkid Coaster Train 1200 at a glance...
- The EN13814 certified Sunkid Heege train SCT1200 is also suitable for other rail tracks with a track width of 1200 mm
- Minimum height of passengers 120cm
...belly bar instead of shoulder bar:
- allows a tremendously free riding feeling.
- mechanical locking without padding of the stirrups allows a faster safety check and requires less maintenance.
- Pneumatic unlocking: "No air = no open stirrups".
- No failure-prone electrics or electronics.
- Well-designed, operator-friendly concept.
- Easily accessible components combined with "tidy" appearance
- The wheel carriers adapt to the rail track (horizontally & vertically) -> As a result, the track runs incredibly smoothly.
- Due to the new technology of the wheel suspension, wear is significantly reduced