The "Sonnenlift" from Sunkid in the SkiWelt Wilder Kaiser Brixental is powered by energy from photovoltaic cells
Since December 2008, Westendorf has been fully integrated into SkiWelt Wilder Kaiser Brixental. Both from Westendorf and from Brixen im Thale a newly built 8-person gondola lift leads up to the Choralpe. There, in a very confined space, a common mountain station was attached to the restaurant. A 5.5km-long dream run that does not end directly at the valley station of the new SkiWeltbahn in Brixen required a creative solution to transport guests quickly and safely back to the valley station. Sunkid was able to offer the right solution with a combination of a Moving Carpet with radius side exit and Swisscord Lift.
A Sunkid Moving Carpet takes guests up through an underpass to the 224-long Sun Lift. With a capacity of 900 people per hour, the connection to the valley station is thus optimally solved. The special feature here is that, for the first time, this Sunkid Swisscord lift is powered only by energy from photovoltaic cells.
This 113 m² photovoltaic system is mounted on the front side of the FBM garage of the SkiWeltbahn and generates 12,000 kilowatt hours per year, with the solar lift requiring 9,000kWh during the winter.
Authorized signatory Rudi Köck of Bergbahnen Brixen im Thale:" This photovoltaic system with an investment of about € 70,000 is a small step in the right direction. We can even feed the remaining amount of electricity into the grid. Of course, it is only a small proportion of the consumption of a large lift, but our idea was to take a first step with this feeder lift to show a possible way forward for other ski resorts as well."
Description of the Sunkid SwissCord
- Length: up to 300m
- Gradient: max. 15
- Speed: 0,1m - 1,8 m/sec. variable
- drive: 5,5 - 11 KW depending on length
- theor. capacity: up to 720 pers/h
- Double sided drive is possible
- Electr. speed adjustment by frequency converter
- Switchgear plug-in and portable Bellows overtravel protection for top and bottom station
- Certified according to EU Directive 2000/9/EC
- Motorized height adjustment of the top and bottom station by up to 5m height
- Adaptation to passengers (children or adults)
- Adaptation to snow depths
- Easy preparation by snow groomer (lifting to rope height 3.80m)
- ATLAS plastic rope with rubber grips
- Installation on foundation plates
- Permission without own supervisory staff possible