Alpine Ski WM Garmisch 2011: Sunkid Moving Carpet opens up Public Viewing Area in Munich
- quick assembly and disassembly within 1 day by only 4 people possible.
- Delivery and assembly without special vehicles or equipment. Therefore also installation in cramped conditions or indoor possible without any problems
- variable length starting from 6m, in 3m steps up to 400m and more
- low space requirement and floor construction (structural parts 30cm height)
- no large static structures necessary (foundations, bracings, etc.)
- simple and unbureaucratic approval by authorities
- indirect supervision possible (in consultation with respective authority)
- very high capacity (up to 2.500 pers/h possible)
- high functionality by transporting people with and without winter sports equipment as well as all trend sports equipment such as toboggans, tubes, etc.
- easy to use even for beginners
- a cost-effective rental is possible by the day, week or even month
On the occasion of the World Ski Championships currently taking place in Garmisch Partenkirchen (Germany/Bavaria), Siemens, the official supplier of the World Championships, took the initiative to set up a public viewing area in Munich's city center. Under the leadership of the event agency PLANWORX, this event was conceived and realized in close cooperation with Sunkid. In addition to a large screen on which all ski races are broadcast live, there is a special highlight. A 19 meter wide and 40 meter long ramp offers the possibility to practice snow sports in the middle of the city for free. Two Sunkid Moving Carpet with a total length of 64 meters transport the winter sports enthusiasts to the start at different heights. A Sunkid Rotondo as well as various products from the Sunny-Stuff range also complete the offer and enable sports and fun for young and old.
Around half a meter of snow, which is produced entirely without biological or chemical additives directly on site with eco-electricity, forms the base for fun on the slopes with a gradient of 22 percent. In other words, steep enough to be able to make a turn or two in the snow with skis or snowboard, depending on your skiing ability. Or visitors can slide down the slope on a snowtube or a toboggan. But no matter which winter sports equipment is used, everyone can always get uphill within a minute on one of Sunkid's Moving Carpet rides. In the dark, these are bathed in blue light.
The combination of safety and comfort of a conveyor belt convinced the operators of SNOW CITY. Due to the very different skiing abilities of the users and the variety of sports equipment to be transported, the Sunkid Moving Carpet is the perfect means of transportation even for such extraordinary events. In the "valley" of SNOW CITY, a children's ski circus with a Sunkid Rotondo and Tubes ensures fun for the youngest. Children and teenagers can borrow ski equipment free of charge and ski instructors from the German Ski Association also run free ski courses for children from social institutions and kindergartens. Meanwhile, parents keep warm with a mulled wine from the Tyrolean Après-Ski Almhütte...